Completing a Mail Ticket
1 When you receive your mail tickets, ensure that your address, postal code and telephone number are correct. If not, contact your local BC Mail Plus office.
2 On the top of the mail ticket is your location code. Please quote this number whenever you correspond with us.
3 At the bottom right of the mail ticket you will see a preprinted ticket number. Each number is unique. Noting this number on a daily mail log will help you to reconcile your monthly invoices. Remember to fill in the date at the top of the ticket. If you make an error on the mail ticket, recycle it and fill out a new one.
4 "Rush Only", "Rush" and "Trace Only" are included in the Special Services section of the mail ticket along with Registered Mail and C.O.D. Simply mark the number of items beside the category of your preferred service and leave the rest to us! BC Mail Plus will send your Special Services items by the most efficient and cost-effective method to any destination.
- Rush Only - a service that ships your item the fastest way possible.
- Rush & Trace - a service that ships your item the fastest way possible and provides trace capabilities.
- Trace Only - a service that provides trace capabilities.
5 Victoria customers: When recording tub/bag volumes, record the number of tubs under the Special Services area on the blank line and print TUBS.
Important Tips On Completing The Mail Ticket
Keep these tips handy for easy reference.
- Classify your mail items according to the Mail Definitions.
- Always print clearly. Print your numbers straight up and down rather than slanted. Keep within the light blue boxes. Only one number per box. This area is read by the scanner.
- The date format is Month and Day. The most frequent problem the scanner encounters is with the date field. Please take extra care when recording the date.
- Leading zeros are not necessary. If you must enter a zero, be sure to close the top of it so it looks like this "0".
- Use Black or Blue Ballpoint Pens. Pencil and inks of other colours, including red and the new neon and pastel-coloured gel-ink, cannot be accurately read by the scanner.
- Never use whiteout. It smudges and flakes off.
- If you make a mistake recycle the ticket and use a new one.
- Sign your name in the Customer Signature box, keeping within the lines of the box. If your signature touches the light blue lines above the area, the scanner might detect mail volumes you did not record.
- Victoria customers: When recording tub volumes, record the number of tubs under the Special Services area on the blank line and print TUBS. This space is on the right-hand side of the Special Services area of the ticket as indicated on the mail ticket as graphic 5.
If you have any questions about completing the mail ticket, please contact your nearest BC Mail Plus office.