K-12 Educational Resources
Open School BC provided educational resources for the Distance Education Schools of BC for over eighty years. Now our resources and services are available to all schools, school districts, teachers, students and their parents. Open School BC operates on a cost-recovery basis and reinvests funds for the creation of more resources and services to support the province’s K–12 educational sector.
Creating educational resources is our core business.
We have over one hundred self-directed, comprehensive K–12 courses that are:
- in compliance with the BC Ministry of Education’s curriculum standards and prescribed learning outcomes
- developed by BC teachers, instructional designers, and publishing professionals
- written to address a range of learning styles, abilities, and educational settings
- available in print or online (for some grade 7–12 courses)
In addition to our courses we offer support resources that facilitate and enhance learning, including:
- Provincial Exam Preparation Packages
- Multimedia CD-ROMs
- Tests with answer keys
- Teacher's Guides
- Home Facilitator Guides
- Companion websites
- Text books